Heraeus, the technology group headquartered in Hanau, Germany, is a leading international family-owned portfolio company. The company’s roots go back to a family pharmacy started in 1660. Today, the Heraeus group includes businesses in the environmental, electronics, health and industrial applications sectors. Customers benefit from innovative technologies and solutions based on broad materials expertise and technological leadership. In the 2019 financial year, Heraeus generated revenues of €22.4 billion with approximately 14,900 employees in 40 countries. Heraeus is now one of the top 10 family-owned companies in Germany and holds a leading position in its global markets.
About Heraeus Medical
Heraeus Medical concentrates on medical products for orthopedic surgery and traumatology. As industry leader for bone cements, the company develops, produces and markets biomaterials and accessories to make an essential contribution to improving surgical results in bone and joint surgery as well as infection management.
Heraeus Medical Benelux is looking for a
JUNIOR AREA MANAGER NETHERLANDS
The junior area manager is fully responsible for the below described territory, promoting and selling the complete range of Heraeus Medical products to the target audience, ensuring an on target performance within the prescribed budget. The area manager is part of a small, motivated and highly involved Benelux sales team consisting of 8 colleagues. The junior area manager reports to the manager Benelux.
The territory encompasses around 35 accounts in the northwestern and central part of The Netherlands which form the core of the business. The accounts are hospitals, performing orthopedic joint and trauma interventions and some veterinary clinics. Field based role with team meetings held on quarterly basis and additional meetings may be held if required and requested. Product and procedure training is provided, ideally within 6 months of the date of start. One week basic training is normally provided at Heraeus Medical HQ in Germany. Locally, trainings are given by the team members at the beginning en a continues training concept will be offered.
Laptop is provided, as well as printer and mobile phone plus lease car. The area manager is expected to spend minimal 80% of working time in the field each week, with once in a while over night stays.
• Realising individually monthly, quarterly and eventually yearly objectives in line with the company goals, the Benelux strategy and de Sales Road Map leading to securing and growth in market position, growth of sales and EBIT and other indicators.
• Work closely with the country manager in setting and agreeing on objectives to ensure above is met. Establish excellent working relations with customers to include, orthopedic surgeons, OR managers, OR nurses, pharmacists and buyers.
• Keep accurate accounts plans for all accounts and follow up on a SMART way.
• Build up and maintain expert knowlegde of products, literature and procedures.
• Spend time in OK with surgeons and nurses, supporting trialling products and advising on usage of said products by means of presentations, workshops and demo’s, facilitate customer and end user education.
• Organisation of promotional activities during local scientific meetings. Participation in major orthopedic and operation nurse meetings national, European if required.
• Collect information on market, competition, customers and products.
• Manage and monitor hardware given on loan in the hospitals according to Heraeus policy, keep accurate records at all times. Awareness of inventory audit requirements (once per year).
• Closely collaborate with the team to ensure ulitmate goals are consistently met and knowledge, information and experience is shared. Establish good internal working relations with all staff.
• Submit accurate and informative (monthly) reports to country manager and consistent CRM data input.
• Ensure that responsibilities as defined in the Heraeus Medical Code of Conduct policies and procedure are followed at all times.
Other Working Relationships
• Colleagues Benelux sales team, HQ: customer service (back office, supply chain management), product managers, health economics, training department, media & communication
• Orthopedic surgeons, trauma surgeons, business managers, nursing staff, pharmacists and logistic/procurement managers, research staff, sterilisation department.
• 1-3 years experience in sales in medical device or pharma
• Graduate in bio medical science or of graduate calibre, or medical related background
• Desire to succeed and progress in a demanding, ambitious commercial environment
• Open mind and sales driven
• Affinity with medical and operation room environment
• Strong will to succeed
• Analytical and account management skills
• Excellent organisational skills, disciplined, driven and self motivated
• Excellent communication, networking and relationships building skills
• Ability to understand and present product and clinical knowledge
• Ability to recognize and act on all opportunities.
• Performance and results driven – takes personal accountability
• Can do’ positive attitude at all times;
• Customer centric, service sensibility
• Collaborative team player with good team integration skills
• Takes responsibility for own personal development
• Assertive and independent
• Ability to enjoy and have fun
• Valid drivers Licence (B)
• Fluent in Dutch and good in English
• Good computer skills: excel, word, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM, relevant sales tools
For information and applications: please send a short letter with CV with reference ´Junior Area Manager´ to firstname.lastname@example.org (manager Benelux).
For further information you can contact Marc via his GSM: +31 6 223 400 30 or per e-mail.
More information on company and products you can find on our websites:
Heraeus Nederland BV
4811 CA Breda